IN ORDER OF CONSTRUCTION TOP TO BOTTOM HALF OF BREAD
- [TOP] FRESH (if you can help it) Chiabada Bun (Lightly Toasted if fresh, if not nuke in mwoven for 8 seconds on high with small 1/4 cup of water then toast then cut in half.)
- Mayo (Chipotle if you’re feeling festive)
- Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce leaf or 2
- Tomato (one big slice that can cover the whole thing – don’t go hotdoggin it and use two or three smaller pieces of tomato, that just fucked the whole sammich up)
- Fried Egg unbroken (Sunny Side Up not over easy , use olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Fry on med heat – usually 5 on the dial – until the underside is golden brown and 2 – 3 white globs appear in the yolk) PREP AND PLACE EGG ON LAST and it should break when you place the top half of the bun on top and spear it with the toothpick and press down to release the yolk.
- Thick cut maple smoked bacon (3 strips fried until crispy but not char crispy – you know perfect bacon)
- Red onions (cut into rings – 3 to 4 rings should do it)
- Green Olives (Chopped so they are rings – NOT BLACK OLIVES, we’re Canadian not Greek)
- 2-3 large slices of thinly cut Prosciutto (fry in pan you cooked chicken until at the stage where it’s not crispy but will caramelize in your mouth when you bite it)
- Romain or Iceberg Lettuce leaf – 1 or 2 depending on size should cover bottom half of bun
- Mustard – Dijon if you have it
[BOTTOM] FRESH (if you can help it) Chiabada Bun (Lightly Toasted if fresh, if not nuke in mwoven for 8 seconds on high with small 1/4 cup of water then toast then cut in half.)
- And whatever you do – DON’T USE ROSEMARY. that shit gets stuck in your teeth and it does fuck all for the flavour.
- Tastes better if cooked by a naked woman. Even better if she sit across the table and watches you eat it after making it.
(Photography by Michael Huntington of Strange Travels)